Sunday, June 17, 2007

The adventure begins...

This summer may prove to be the most exciting summer of my life so far.

To introduce myself, I'm Emily an environmental policy student from the states, and I'm about ready to embark on a pretty exiting journey. This summer I will be spending 5 weeks in the Costa Rican rain forest with a large group of fellow students. There, we will study the Costa Rican conservation model through the eyes of the local forest rangers who we will be eating with, rooming with, and working for throughout our stay there. As well as conducting our research and studying as students, we will also be there to provide a service to the rangers in return for letting us stay with them. Digging ditches, building bridges, painting, shoveling, hammering...whatever it takes to return something back to the people and rain forest of Costa Rica.

Anyways, aside from the logistics, I'm just really excited to be a part of it all and want to share my experiences!

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world" -John Muir

No comments: